The Association of Irish Medical and Nursing Professionals Working in Lourdes.
1) The Association shall be called The Association of Irish Medical and Nursing Professionals Working in Lourdes.
2) A) The patronesses shall be Our Lady of Lourdes and St. Bernadette.
B) The honorary president shall ordinarily be the Bishop of Tarbes and Lourdes.
C) Honorary Vice-Presidents shall be elected from time to time in recognition of service, or special relationship with the Association.
3) Aims: The aims of the Association shall be to provide facilities for members to meet together for their own benefit and that of their sick pilgrims and to discuss medical, logistic and spiritual matters related to Lourdes.
4) Membership: Membership shall be limited to Doctors and Nurses, since the organisation will focus on the medical and nursing aspects of pilgrimage work. All others will be very welcome to attend the meetings.
5) The Officers: The officers shall consist of a Chairman, a Vice-Chairman, a Treasurer and a Secretary.
6) Committee: The Committee of the Association shall consist of the Officers and nine members. The Committee shall have the power to co-opt up to two persons in addition. The doctors representing Ireland as titular members of the Lourdes International Medical Committee (C.M.I.L) will be ex-officio members.
7) Duties of the Committee: The Committee shall manage the affairs of the Association and be responsible for arranging the Annual General Meeting (A.G.M).
8) Election of Officers and Committee:
A) The Officers and Committee shall be elected by ballot of members at the A.G.M. The Chairman and Vice-Chairman shall hold office for three years and shall not be eligible for re-election for a further three consecutive years to the same office. The Vice-Chairman shall normally be the Chairman-elect for the ensuing three years, the immediate past Chairman shall be an ex-officio member for three years.
B) The Secretary shall hold office for three years and be eligible for re-election for a further three years.
C) The Committee members shall hold office for three years. A Council member who fails to attend three consecutive Council meetings will be asked to demit.
9) Chaplain: The Committee shall invite a Chaplain who shall offer spiritual guidance to the Association. He shall be an Honorary member of the Association and an ex-officio member of the Committee and shall serve for three years, but can be re-appointed three yearly.
10) Secretary: The Secretary shall conduct all correspondence and shall keep the minutes of the Association and Committee. The Secretary shall keep an up to date list of registered members of the Association. .
11) Treasurer: The Treasurer shall receive all monies due to the Association and make all payments, and shall keep an up to date list of all such receipts and payments. The account shall be audited once a year by an auditor elected by the A.G.M and be presented to it annually. The Chairman, Vice-Chairman and Treasurer shall be authorised to draw cheques.
12) Vacancies of Office: The Committee shall temporarily fill for the current year any vacancies which may occur in any of the offices of the Association.
13) Meeting of the Committee: The Committee shall meet at least twice a year. For any meeting six members, or one third of the current members, one of which is an officer, shall form a quorum. The Committee shall appoint sub-committees as necessary and co-opt non – Committee members to sub-committees as is deemed desirable.
14) Annual General Meeting (A.G.M) : An A.G.M. shall be held. At least two weeks before it a copy of the Agenda, minutes of the previous A.G.M., and a list of proposals for Officers and Committee shall be forwarded to each member. Members may submit matters for consideration for inclusion to the Secretary before the date of the A.G.M.
15) Extraordinary General Meeting (E.G.M) : Any eight members shall be entitled to call an E.G.M. of the Association by informing the Secretary, in writing, of their reasons for calling one. In light of the nature of the E.G.M. The Secretary shall thereupon arrange a postal ballot or E-mail.
16) Subscriptions : Subscriptions shall be decided at the A.G.M and shall be sufficient to cover administrative costs (stationary, postage secretarial help) and shall be due on the 1st January each year. Membership of the Association shall automatically lapse if no subscription is received for two consecutive years.
17) Alternation of Constitution : The Constitution shall not be altered or added to except at an A.G.M or E.G.M. Proposed alterations and additions must be received, in writing, by the Secretary before the meeting. No additions or alterations shall be made to the Constitution unless there is a two thirds majority of those voting in favour at that meeting. Changes to the Constitution, when passed an A.G.M, should come into force immediately and be ratified the following year.
Constitution drafted and amended by Dr.Martin Fitzgerald,Killaloe Diocesan Pilgrimage in the presence of:
Chairperson- Dr Michael Moran
Deputy-Chairperson- Mrs Una Molloy
Treasurer- Dr Mary Ryan
Date: Saturday 15th November 2014